Russian Visa for Tourism
If you are traveling to Russia as a tourist, you will need a Tourist Confirmation and Voucher (Tourist Invitation) from a authorized Russian travel company or hotel, registered with the Russian Tourism Agency in order to apply for a Russian visa for tourism. We are authorized tour operator (Ref. 019473) gladly provide visa support service for you. For citizens of EU, a country in Asia or Africa, Japan or USA there is a requirement to obtain a visa to enter Russia.
Tourist Confirmation with Voucher (Tourist Invitation)
Discount! If you order a tour over 300 Euro for each person, you get Tourist Confirmation and Voucher (Tourist Invitation) free!€10
For instant questions text on Viber or Whatsapp +7-951-641-3561, +7-904-611-7949
Documents needed to apply for visa
- A Tourist Invitation.
- An original, valid, and signed passport with at least one blank page, valid for at least 6 months after the end of your stay.
- Two signed copies of the Application form (questionnaire), with all fields completed.
- A passport-size photo (some embassies/consulates ask for two copies), signed on the reverse.
Also you may require other official documents like medical insurance.
To apply for a visa individually you need to get a Tourist Invitation from an inviting organization The document must have an Official Russian Company Registration Number and Confirmation number. A Tourist Invitation from your hotel or travel agency in Russia is required for all who are plan to visit Russia. Your application processing cannot start until the Tourist Invitation has been issued and received, information from the document is needed to answer questions on the Russian online visa application form.
Our company LinkRus is a registered tour operator. We will gladly prepare Tourist Invitation for you in a short time and support you in getting Russian Visa in Russian Embassy or Consulate.
However, you DO NOT need visa:
- If you are traveling to St. Petersburg on a cruise ship (on the condition that you are sleeping on the ship and are accompanied by an authorized tour guide) or on ferries from outside of Russia (Helsinki, Stockholm, Tallinn, other) you don’t need a visa for up to 72 hrs. But instead of it, you need a Tour ticket for tourist services from our company in case, if you want to discover St. Petersburg.
- If you have tickets to football championship FIFA WORLD CUP 2018 14 June-15 July 2018 in Russia, you don’t need visa, but in this case you must have a valid fan ID card, tickets and a passport valid for at least six months after the date of your proposed exit from Russia.
We will gladly prepare a Tour Ticket and Tour Programme for a group of passengers of Sea Cruise Lines and Ferries in a short time. We offer for passengers tours in comfortable small groups (2-12 tourists) with local guides (any languages).
Also bear in mind that, even if you don’t require a visa to enter Russia, you will still need to register with the Federal Migration Service upon arrival (we will care about it).
A copy of the Tourist Voucher and Confirmation or Tour Ticket should be carried with your passport while you are traveling in Russia.
Visa Application Form
Russian Visa for tourism is issued by the Embassy or Consulate of the Russian Federation in the country of tourist’s residency on fee basis. The consular fee is non-refundable, and the cost may change without prior notification. In accordance with an agreement between the Russian Federation and the European Union on simplifying the visa regime, the fee for all types of Russian visas for EU citizens (except citizens of Denmark, the Republic of Ireland, and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) is as follows:
EUR 35 –normal visa issue (10 working days)
EUR 70 –urgent visa issue (3 working days)
Please visit official website of Russian Embassy in your country to find out more information about all requirements for obtaining Russian visa.
There are two categories of tourist visa (actually there are other types of visas – business, private, student, transit, we don’t mention them here):
- Tourist individual visa
- Tourist group visa – for a group of 7 or more visitors traveling to Russia with the same itinerary and applying to the same consulate. A Group Visa works out cheaper than several individual ones. In order to obtain an invitation for a group from our company please write to one of the emails on the sidebar.
To apply for a Russian visa for tourism, you must complete a questionnaire/application form from the Russian embassy/consulate (2 copies). Download the appropriate form and print it out. When completing the form, please make sure of the following:
• You have answered all the required questions on the form fully and clearly
• You have signed and dated the form where indicated
Here are Russian Embassy websites of some countries:
In order to obtain Russian visa you must have:
- Tourist Confirmation with Voucher (Tourist Invitation) which is valid max for 30 days (you can order on this page)
- Medical insurance with the insurance coverage of 30 000 euros. Medical insurance must be valid throughout the territory of the Russian Federation and cover the entire period of Russian Visa validity (you can order by email)
Our medical insurance covers emergency call, inpatient and outpatient care, medication costs, return ticket for an insured person to a residence country, reimbursement of the costs of an accompanying person, in case of accidental death a reimbursement of funds spent for repatriation of mortal remains to an insured person residence country. To apply for a Medical Insurance for obtaining Russian Visa, fill out our online form and get a Medical Insurance Policy within 1 business day.
Please note, some Russian Embassies and Consulates require a Medical insurance Policy in original. Before placing an order please check with the Russian Embassy or Consulate in your country if an original Medical Insurance Policy is required for you! You can order a delivery of an original Medical insurance Policy by emailing us.
Countries the citizens who enjoy visa-free travel to Russia
Below you will find a list of the countries the citizens of which enjoy visa-free travel to Russia. If you are not a national of one of these countries (and do not have diplomatic status) you will need to obtain a Russian visa in your country of residence before you depart for Russia.
Countries: Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine.
Citizens of the countries of the CIS (the Commonwealth of Independent States) are permitted to stay in the Russian Federation for up to 90 days without a visa.
Countries: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Israel, Nicaragua, Peru, Venezuela.
Citizens of these countries are allowed to stay in the Russian Federation without a visa for up to 90 days in each 180-day period, provided they will not be involved in any commercial or work-related activities during their stay.
Countries: Cuba, Montenegro, Serbia (with biometric passport), Thailand, Hong Kong SAR (up to 14 days), Macao SAR.
Please note that citizens of Turkey no longer qualify for visa-free travel to Russia (starting January 1 2016).
Citizens of the countries in this group can stay in the Russian Federation for up to 30 days without a visa. They are not entitled to work while in Russia.
Countries: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia.
Citizens of these Balkan countries can also stay in Russia without a visa for up to 30 days, but must also show tourist documents (tourist confirmation and tourist voucher) or an official invitation to immigration officials.